Monday, May 14, 2012

The Triplets

About a month ago, I stopped into Petsmart to get a new water dish for my crabitat, and just because I was passing by, I had no choice but to stop a take a look at the hermit crabs :)

I took a peek and soon enough the aquatics worker came over and was asking if I needed help with anything. I asked if I could take a look at the crabs, and she removed the wood hut so I could take a look at them. Right away I noticed three hermit crabs grouped together. Now these werent just any three hermit crabs: They all had the same apple murex shells, and they were all fairly small. They all began parting their way, and were all very activing, exploring the crabitat. They all looked healthy. I told the woman that I was going to purchase just one. So i began trying to decide which one I would choose. I took a good look at all of them individually. The whole time I was trying to keep myself from buying all three, but I couldnt help myself. How could I break up these three little hermies. They were inseperable. Then I thought to myself, they could be triplets! I had the woman package them up. Before I knew it, I was riding home with the triplets.

Now, I realize that these three hermit crab will of course change shells over time, but either way, I couldnt have brung myself to break up this trio.


Here is just 2/3 of the triplets. Theyre pretty cute, hey? The other 1/3 is hiding somewhere. I have not come up with a name for this adorable trio yet. If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments below. I have had a few ideas, but none have really jumped out at me :)






No comments:

Post a Comment